Looking for carpet cleaning services in Charlotte, NC? Maintenance Specialist Inc. will give your carpets a deep and thorough cleaning to remove all the dirt, dust, grease, soil, germs, bacteria, and other harmful substances. By eliminating the health hazards associated with dirty carpets, you’ll be able to enjoy the comfort provided by carpets as intended.
Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Are you aware of all the nasty things hiding in your carpet? Carpets are a depository for everyday dirt, dead human skin cells, pet dander, and other grimy substances — all of which create a perfect breeding ground for bacteria, germs, fungi, mold, pests, and other small organisms.
As contaminants that are lodged in carpet fibers become airborne, they negatively impact indoor air quality. Even worse, they pose as significant health hazards for people inside your commercial property. Dirty carpets can lead to.
When contaminants from carpets are inhaled, they can cause runny nose, coughing, throat irritation, and difficulty breathing — to name a few.
Mold and mycotoxins from dirty carpets can lead to stomach irritation and infection. Toxins may also be ingested by children whose hands come into contact with dirty carpets.
Skin Irritation and Infection
Dust mites and bacteria are particularly troublesome for individuals with allergies or asthma. Exposure to airborne contaminants can lead to skin irritation and infection, as well as trigger other allergic symptoms.
The effects of dirty carpets are not just physical. Employees, customers, or tenants who are constantly exposed to a dirty work environment may have higher levels of stress. Constantly dealing with health issues due to dirty carpets can also lead to a significant decrease in productivity levels.
The negative effects of dirty carpets have been well-established. However, many are under the assumption that regular vacuuming is enough to deal with these health hazards. While vacuuming can reduce the number of contaminants in your carpets, the effect is only temporary.
Bacteria, germs, and other harmful substances will eventually return and continue to cause chaos. To create a safe and healthy work environment, commercial properties should include professional carpet cleaning in their preventive maintenance plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
According to Angie’s List, carpet cleaning costs range from $25-$75 per room. The average cost is $51 per room. This means you may pay $0.30-$0.50 per square foot.
In optimal conditions, specifically 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit and 50-70% humidity levels, mold will only take 24-48 hours for mold to grow. Mold spores can colonize in 3-14 days and become visible in about 3 weeks.
Start a Relationship
A hand brush or automatic scrubbing machine is then used to work the carpet cleaner solution into the carpet.
Hot water is simultaneously sprayed and extracted to remove contaminants from the carpet.
Dry Compound Cleaning
- In this method, a dry compound is applied onto the carpet. A hand brush or automatic brushing machine is then used to work in the cleaning compound, which attracts and dissolves all the dirt and grime in the carpet. After the compound has dried, the carpet is vacuumed to absorb the residue. The end result is a clean and dry carpet.
- However, one disadvantage for dry compound cleaning is that it can be difficult to remove all the residue from carpets. Leftover residue can lead to carpet discoloration. It can also trigger symptoms in individuals with allergies or asthma.
- In bonnet cleaning, detergent is applied as a mist over the carpet surface. A bonnet, which has a round buffer pad on the bottom, is used to absorb the dirt, grime, and soil on the carpet. The bonnet should be well-lubricated in order to pick up dirt. However, it cannot be too wet because it will leave residue on the carpet.
- The bonnet fills up with soil quickly (about every hundred square feet or so) so it must be replaced frequently. Otherwise, it won’t pick up any more soil. It will just move the soil to other areas of the carpet.
- Bonnet cleaning is ideal for more durable carpets as it can be too abrasive for high-pile carpets. It also covers a lot of surface area in a short amount of time. On the other hand, bonnet cleaning is only able to clean the top 1/8-inch of carpets. It also cannot sterilize carpets due to the lack of hot water. For the latter, a microbial cleaning agent may be applied post-bonnet cleaning.
Dry Foam Cleaning
- Dry foam cleaning is ideal for water-sensitive carpets. In this method, a cleaning foam is applied to the surface of a carpet. A dwell time of about 10 minutes is needed to allow the chemicals to saturate the carpet. Dry foam cleaning is effective at removing grease. Some foams also have added properties such as brighteners and protectants.
- In this method, a wash head sprays water onto the carpet surface and then simultaneously sucks the water back up. It is similar to HWE; however, this does not leave carpets wet. No detergent is used so there is also no residue to worry about. Vacuum wash is suitable for all types of carpet surfaces. However, it is only a light cleaning method. It also only reaches the top ½-inch of the surface. Thus, it is not ideal for carpets that are heavily soiled.
- Encapsulation is one of the most popular dry-cleaning methods. Encapsulation chemicals are applied onto the surface of carpets. A hand brush or rotary machine may be used to work the solution into the carpet.
- The encapsulators have polymers that bind to dirt, grime, soil, and other unwanted substances. As contaminants bind with the encapsulators, they form crystals. There is usually 20-30 minutes of dwell time to allow for this crystallization process. After, the crystals and residue are removed through vacuuming.
- Since it is a VLM system, the carpets can be used immediately after encapsulation. However, after about two to three encapsulations, it is recommended to clean carpets using HWE.
Why Choose MSI?
Carpet cleaning seems simple enough that some commercial property owners may consider performing the task themselves. However, commercial properties rarely have the proper equipment needed to deep-clean carpets.
In addition, the highest level of carpet cleaning can only be achieved with experience and expertise. This is where Maintenance Specialists Inc. comes in.
MSI is a licensed and trusted maintenance company. With years of experience in this industry, our clients have come to trust our high-quality services at competitive prices. Here are the benefits of working with MSI.
- Experience and Expertise : Carpet cleaning requires a high level of experience and expertise. MSI technicians are fully trained to handle the specific cleaning needs of your carpets. Our mission is to provide high-quality service so owners can rest easy knowing their commercial property is in capable hands.
- Professional-Grade Equipment : MSI is equipped with heavy-duty carpet cleaning tools and equipment. This allows us to perform an array of carpet cleaning methods depending on the material we are working with.
- Highly Qualified Technicians : MSI has over 100 years of combined maintenance experience. You can be assured that our technicians are highly qualified when it comes to carpet cleaning. We use tried-and-tested techniques to give your carpets the cleaning they deserve.
- Emergency Services : MSI is on call 24/7. If you need emergency carpet cleaning, we will be there to perform the job in no time.
- Stringent Safety Standards : Our clients’ safety is always our number one priority. Our technicians follow strict safety standards, such as frequent handwashing and disinfecting, to prevent any kind of contamination in your commercial property.
- Insured and Bonded : MSI is insured and bonded so you don’t have to worry about potential errors, mistakes, or property damage. You’re in good hands with MSI.
For professional commercial carpet cleaning in Charlotte, NC, feel free to contact MSI today (704) 405-6000. We look forward to hearing from you!