A parking lot is not just a place where people can park their cars. It can also have a direct impact on the safety of your customers and employees. Keep yours in good condition with parking lot striping services provided by Maintenance Specialists Inc.
The Importance of Striping Parking Lots
It is easy to overlook your building’s parking lot. It is often one of the last things on maintenance checklists and usually receives the least attention and budget. But, for many customers, a parking lot is the first thing they see before entering your commercial property. The state of your parking lot can say a lot about how you maintain your business.
Here are just some of the benefits of parking lot striping:
Guidance for Drivers
Oftentimes, drivers become frustrated with a parking lot, especially a larger one, when there are no stripes to guide them where to go. It can be easy to get lost or go around in circles. A parking lot with the proper markings can properly direct the flow of traffic. Parking lot striping can also direct drivers how and where to park. It helps you maximize the parking space, too.
Clearly Marked Handicap Spaces
Some customers outright ignore handicap markings but a lot of drivers mistakenly take reserved handicap parking spaces because of worn-out or faded striping. It is important to restripe these blue markings from time to time to stay in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and to ensure your handicapped customers have somewhere to park.
When a parking lot does not consist of clear markings or stripes, drivers can get into all sorts of accidents. It can be as small as grazing someone else’s car or getting into a fender bender with a car because they turned the wrong way. With proper markings and arrows on the ground, drivers can keep a good distance from other vehicles and know where to go.
It can also be difficult to make out faded striping during a dark, rainy, foggy, or snowy day. Make sure your parking lot striping is visible to the naked eye even during bad weather conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Board Up Services
It depends on the company and what services are needed. On average, parking lot striping companies charge $4 to $5 per parking stall, $25 to $30 per handicapped stall, $15 to $20 per directional arrow, $3 to $5 per letter, and $50 to $70 for pedestrian crosswalks. A number of other factors and services, such as a new layout, mobilization, and fire lanes, can also affect the total cost.
The first step is to decide on a stall size. Then, incorporate the size of stripes and lines (4 in wide and 15 mm thick) as well as ADA-compliant handicapped stalls (at least 8 ft across with 5 ft of clearance). If you have a number of parking stalls in mind, work with this number along with stall and line sizes to find the best layout. You must also decide whether you want parallel spots, 90-degree spots, or diagonal spots.
Most parking lot striping paints last for two years. That means you will need to invest in restriping services at least every two years.
There are different kinds of paints that can be used for parking lot striping. The most popular type, though, is water-based acrylic paint, which is both bright and durable. It is also environmentally-friendly. Other types include chlorinated rubber paint and alkyd resin paint, which are both solvent-based.
Parking lot dimensions will depend on the layout and preference of the commercial property owner. A typical parking stall size is 9 x 18 ft, while a typical compact parking spot measures 7.5-8.5 x 15-16 ft. Handicap parking stalls must be at least 8 ft across with 5 ft of clearance.
Maintenance Specialists Inc. is a maintenance company offering parking lot striping services in the Charlotte area. For parking lot striping near me, contact MSI today.
Start a Relationship
Why Go With MSI?
Maintenance Specialists Inc. offers maintenance services to commercial properties. Our services include but are not limited to building maintenance, preventive maintenance, backflow testing, construction clean-up, and graffiti removal services.
Here at MSI, we always prioritize our clients’ needs. Why should you choose us?
- Fully insured and licensed general contractor in North Carolina
- Exceptional specialists with years of experience
- Completed JHA form before every job
- Use of the latest technology, tools, and eco-friendly products
- Fully customizable packages with services that fit your needs and budget
MSI is the best option for commercial parking lot striping and painting services. We will work with you throughout the entire process, from creating a layout to finishing touches. We can restripe old, faded lines or stripe new parking lots according to your liking and instructions.
Call us today at (704) 405-6000 or contact us online for unparalleled parking lot striping services in Charlotte, NC.
The Process of Restriping Parking Lot
The parking lot striping process generally consists of seven phases. These seven phases are:
- Layout. The painting cannot begin without a clear plan. Thus, the first thing to do is to create a layout of the parking lot. The layout will depend on the size of the parking lot and what the commercial property owner wants. Here at MSI, we will work with you to design a layout that fits your needs.
- Closing. The parking lot area should be closed off to prevent the general public from interfering with the striping process. It is recommended for the business owner to arrange for alternate parking for customers.
- Inspection. To ensure the stripes last a long time, the parking lot surface must be inspected for any cracks or damages. These must be repaired before proceeding with the next step.
- Cleaning. Any loose dirt, dust, and debris should be removed from the area to create a clean and blank canvas. This will help the paint adhere to the surface material, ensuring a more long-lasting result.
- Outlining. With a layout planned, MSI specialists will mark the parking lot either by hand or with the help of a line striping machine. This will create an outline of sorts that will be used as a guide for the paint application.
- Painting. After outlining comes parking lot painting. During this step, MSI specialists apply another coat of paint, following the outlines or with the help of stencils. Any special parking spaces, such as ADA-compliant handicap spots, will also be painted.
- Drying. The paint will then be allowed to dry before the parking lot can be used. The drying process does not take long, typically lasting about an hour.
Contact Maintenace Specialists
2828 Queen City Drive Suite J
Charlotte NC 28208
We service Charlotte Mecklenburg County
Map & Directions [+]
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Emergency Service: 24/7