Lighting can influence the appearance and ambiance of any property. Make sure your lighting fixtures stay functional with help from Maintenance Specialists Inc. We specialize in lighting maintenance and repairs for properties of all kinds.
The Different Types of Light Bulbs
Light bulbs have gone a long way since they were invented two centuries ago. Today, there are generally five types of light bulbs used in homes, offices, and other properties.
The incandescent light bulb is the original light bulb, widely used in many spaces. Incandescent bulbs are the most common and usually the cheapest. Though, they are not very energy-efficient and typically last about a year.
Fluorescent lamps use less energy and typically last longer than incandescent bulbs. But, their mercury content makes them hard to discard.
Compact fluorescent lamps or CFLs are energy-efficient bulbs that are mainly used to light up large spaces. They tend to last longer than incandescent bulbs. CFLs are a great choice if you want brightness but lack the budget for LEDs. Though, you need to handle these with care as they contain mercury.
Halogen bulbs emit a bright white light that you can dim if desired. They are also energy-efficient. But, halogen bulbs don’t last very long and they can be a fire hazard.
LED or Light Emitting Diode
LEDs are the most energy-efficient bulbs out of the five types. Many businesses are shifting to LED lights because they give off a bright light but don’t heat up or contain mercury. They are also very long-lasting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of Lighting Repair in Commercial Spaces
A Well-Lit Space Is a Safe Space
The lack of proper lighting has always been associated with danger. Nobody wants to enter a dimly lit business just like how nobody wants to walk through a dark alleyway. Sufficient lighting is necessary to give off the right impression to your customers and make employees feel safe. Without lighting maintenance and repair, you can say goodbye to functional lighting.
Sets the Mood
The right lighting can accentuate its attractive qualities, while the wrong lighting can make your property look drab and worn out. Lighting can also influence the way your business comes off to people. Make the right decision and invest in lighting maintenance to keep your lights working as intended.
It is no secret that employees work better with better lighting. Dim lights can cause workers to feel sleepy, while malfunctioning lights can affect morale. Let MSI fix commercial lighting fixtures in your property to boost productivity and improve business performance.
Start a Relationship
Exterior Lighting Maintenance and Repair
- The commercial lighting fixtures that comprise your exterior lighting needs to be tough. Throughout the year, they will be subject to harsh conditions, from extreme heat to torrential rain, wind, and snow. Regularly scheduled maintenance is vital to keep your lighting looking great and the property safely illuminated.
- MSI is here to provide comprehensive support for all of your exterior lighting needs. Our team will create a comprehensive maintenance plan for your business. Then, we arrive with all of the equipment needed to create long-lasting and cost-effective solutions for your business that optimize outdoor safety and security. We can maintain and repair exterior lighting fixtures with ease.
Interior Lighting Maintenance and Repair
- Whether you are in a commercial or retail space, it is essential to get indoor lighting right. On warehouse and factory floors, proper lighting is essential for a safe working environment. In workplaces, lighting is a good way to keep morale and productivity high. In retail spaces, lighting can literally highlight your brand and set the mood for customers to want to buy.
- No matter what kind of space you have, turn to the professionals at MSI to fix the lights. From planning and lighting installation, we will work with you every step of the way. We can also work out a long-term maintenance plan and repair interior lighting when necessary.
Proper Wiring of Lighting Fixtures
- Lighting serves a dual purpose for retail and office spaces. Not only is illumination important for safety, but also it sets the atmosphere of the space. Just like good signage or banners in retail, lighting is a massive part of how you present your brand. And, for office or warehouse spaces, it is an essential part of creating a safe and productive work environment.
- Behind the scenes, though, there are many intertwining wires that allow your lighting fixtures to work. When wire connections are poorly or improperly installed, they can become a real safety hazard. Small mistakes can mess with your electrical system and even lead to fires.
Light Switch Repair and Installation
- A broken light switch can easily turn a good day bad. Without a functioning switch, it would be impossible to turn the lights on and off short of detaching or loosening the light bulb itself — and even that can prove dangerous. Along with lighting repair, MSI can help repair or install light switches in your property.
Why MSI is your Best Option?
Maintenance Specialists Inc. is a fully insured and licensed general contractor in North Carolina. Apart from lighting repair, we offer other services such as banner installation and removal, backflow testing, sign installation, floor waxing, and more.
We have years of experience in the industry, not to mention highly skilled lighting technicians with every type of specialization. Additionally, we take safety very seriously. Our technicians always come to every job dressed in personal protective gear. We also make sure to complete a Job Hazard Analysis form before every job.
Here at MSI, we understand the need to operate on a budget. That is why our packages are fully customizable, so you can create your own based on your budget and needs.
We serve our clients when they need us 24 hours, 7 days a week to ensure that they get the best quality of service when they need it. With state-of-the-art equipment and unparalleled services, MSI is your partner for better lighting maintenance and repair.