Are you looking for a general maintenance technician who has the skills, knowledge, and expertise to make sure everything in your facility is in good working order? What about a maintenance technician who can work with you for a few hours every week? Maintenance Specialists Inc. has reliable general maintenance technicians who can take on various maintenance tasks and work with you on a schedule you prefer!
What Is a Maintenance Technician?
A maintenance technician is one who works to maintain a facility, such as a commercial property, office building, or apartment. A general maintenance worker handles all sorts of maintenance tasks, from plumbing and electrical to carpentry. As such, a maintenance technician should have a deep grasp of different tools, maintenance processes, and hydraulic systems.
What Does a Maintenance Technician Do?
The maintenance technician job description primarily consists of making sure a facility remains in good working condition. This can encompass a variety of tasks, with some tasks dependent on the type of facility.
In general, the duties of a general maintenance technician include:
- Performing quality evaluations
- Inspecting facilities, systems, and equipment to pinpoint any problems (or budding problems)
- Scheduling repairs
- Repairing malfunctioning equipment and damaged fixtures
- Overseeing and keeping track of inventory
- Managing plumbing, electrical, and heating systems
- Crafting and carrying out preventive maintenance protocols and schedules
- Assisting with the development of a maintenance budget
- Conducting general maintenance work (such as carpentry, painting, etc.)
Start a Relationship
Types of Maintenance Technicians
While the above maintenance technician responsibilities apply to general maintenance workers, there are more specific types of maintenance technicians.
Property Maintenance Technician
- A property or building maintenance technician handles all the maintenance and repairs of the facility itself. Their scope includes the building’s plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems as well as safety systems such as smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. This technician is also responsible for managing maintenance issues reported by tenants.
Industrial Maintenance Technician
- An industrial maintenance technician focuses more on the mechanical aspects of the facility and its various components. This type of technician is responsible for managing and repairing facility equipment, fixing mechanical problems, analyzing technical protocols and schematics, and the installation (or dismantling) of different machines and equipment.
Fleet Maintenance Technician
- A fleet maintenance technician specializes in the upkeep of fleet vehicles. This technician’s duties consist of servicing, repairing, conducting preventive maintenance as well as general maintenance on all fleet vehicles.
The Importance of General Maintenance Technician Services
Maintenance technicians ensure the proper and continued functioning of your facility’s components. If you want to keep productivity and morale high among your workers, it is essential to invest in a good general maintenance mechanic.
Equipment breakdowns can severely affect your work schedule and negatively impact your bottom line. Prevent faulty equipment with frequent general maintenance and the help of a trained technician.
Your assets won’t last forever, but you can prolong their lifespan. Protect your facility, equipment, and other investments by securing scheduled and proper maintenance technician services.
A Focus on Safety
Even the smallest of hiccups can have a domino effect on the safety of your employees and customers. Avoid liability problems and prioritize safety in the workplace by having a professional technician perform regular general maintenance.
What to Expect from MSI
Maintenance Specialists Inc. is a fully insured and licensed general contractor in North Carolina. We have a team of technicians with years of experience in the maintenance industry and are ready to serve your every need. Armed with state-of-the-art equipment and the best industry practices, MSI is the way to go.
Here at MSI, we are committed to delivering exceptional maintenance services to facilities and properties of all kinds. We can adjust to your unique requirements and develop a schedule that works best for your business. Best of all, our services are highly accessible and affordable.
Invest in Reliable and Professional Maintenance Technicians
Managing an entire facility doesn’t come easy. If you want unparalleled service and highly skilled general maintenance technicians, Maintenance Specialists Inc. is your best option. Call us today at (704) 405-6000 or contact us online to request a quote.
Contact Maintenace Specialists
2828 Queen City Drive Suite J
Charlotte NC 28208
We service Charlotte Mecklenburg County
Map & Directions [+]
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Emergency Service: 24/7