Looking for commercial tile cleaning in Charlotte, NC? Maintenance Specialists Inc. will remove dirt, dust, bacteria, mold, stains, and other unwanted substances so your floors look beautiful and well-maintained. Count on MSI to create a clean and safe environment for your commercial property.
Importance of Tile Cleaning
Tile is a popular flooring material for commercial properties. They look classy and stylish but are also very durable and low-maintenance. Thus, tiles are ideal for high-traffic areas such as offices, restaurants, hospitals, and hotels. Just because tiles are low-maintenance, though, doesn’t mean that they don’t need to be cleaned regularly.
As people come in and out of your commercial property each day, they bring with them dirt, dust, debris, soil, and mud — particularly on the soles of their shoes. Since tiles and grout are porous surfaces, they will absorb all these unwanted substances.
You’ll notice that over time, your tile floors will look dull, discolored, and downright unattractive. This defeats the purpose of having tile floors in the first place.
Here are other reasons why tile cleaning is important for commercial properties:
Aesthetics are important when you’re running a business. Customers won’t want to come inside a business that has dirty, grimy floors. Tile floors need regular cleaning to restore their appearance and have them looking like new again. As the commercial property attracts more customers, owners will be able to see substantial increases in their profits.
Form and Function
Apart from aesthetics, your tile floors are there for a reason. Their main purpose is to make surfaces easier to walk on for your employees, customers, and clients. If tile floors are not cleaned regularly, they will show signs of damage very quickly. If the tiles become cracked or chipped, people can trip and fall. Accumulated debris, oils, and other substances can also lead to slips and injuries. These accidents translate to expensive hospital bills and possible litigation.
A Clean and Safe Work Environment
Dirty tiles and grout can lead to mold and mildew overgrowth. As these spores become airborne, they are inhaled by your employees and customers. This can lead to an array of health issues such as itchy eyes, runny nose, shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, and allergies.
Prolonged exposure can also lead to more serious respiratory illnesses. It’s important for commercial property owners to create a clean and safe environment for their workers. This can be as easy as including ceramic tile cleaning in your preventive maintenance plan.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tile Cleaning?
General bathroom cleaning should happen at least once a week. Then, deep-clean tiles and grout every couple of months or whenever it starts to look dirty and dingy.
Professionals also manually clean tiles and grout. However, they have proprietary cleaning mixtures that are stronger and more effective. They can also pressure wash your tiles and grout, which is a much faster cleaning method.
Ceramic and porcelain tiles are durable enough that they do not need to be sealed. A light coat of penetrating sealer can still provide added protection. However, the grout is most likely made from cement, which will need to be sealed.
Unsealed grout will absorb water. Try spreading drops of water on top of your grout. If the grout changes color, it is unsealed. If the color stays the same, it is sealed.
Grout should be resealed annually to prevent mold and mildew growth. However, if the tiled surface is in a high-traffic area, consider having grout resealed every 6 months.
Manually scrubbing tiles requires a lot of time and hard work. You also have to purchase different cleaning products that may not end up working. Professional tile and grout cleaning will save you from all the hassle. It’s a worthwhile investment because professional tile cleaning is quick, efficient, and safe.
Start a Relationship
How to Clean Tile Floors
Not all owners are knowledgeable about the maintenance needs of their commercial property. Some may think that regular mopping and scrubbing are enough to clean tile floors.
Your tiles may look okay from afar but upon closer inspection, you’ll see that they are not 100% clean. This only cleans tiles and grout on a surface level. With porous surfaces, you need something that can give your tile floors a deep and thorough cleaning.
So, what’s the best way to clean tile floors? Nothing really beats the level of cleaning that professionals deliver. Here’s how a professional maintenance company like MSI handles tile and grout cleaning.
- Professionals need to inspect the surface to identify the best cleaning method for your tile floors. The initial inspection also allows them to identify potential issues that may need to be addressed before the cleaning process can begin.
Prepare the Area
- Sweep the floors to remove dust, mud, and other debris on the surface. Clear away furniture and other movable items to prevent them from being damaged during the cleaning process. Place a tarp on top of items or surfaces that need additional protection.
Apply Cleaning Solutions
- Once the surface area is clear, professionals will apply the appropriate cleaning solution for your tile floors. This may be a detergent, rust remover, or degreaser, depending on the condition of your floor. Apply the cleaning solution to the entire surface and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. The dwell time is important to allow the cleaning solution to loosen up all the dirt and grime.
Apply Grout Sealer
- Since pressure washing has effectively removed all unwanted substances and microorganisms from your tile floors, now is the perfect time to apply grout sealer. This creates a protective layer and makes your tiles and grout more resistant to dirt, dust, mold, and mildew in the future.
- Commercial property owners may also request additional services such as grout recoloring, floor waxing, and disinfection. To maximize the results of these services, it’s best to perform them after professional tile cleaning. .
Let It Dry
- After rinsing the cleaning solution off the tile floors, allow the surface to dry.
- Pressure washing is one of the most popular cleaning methods for tile floors. However, this technique is modified depending on the tiles used on your commercial property.
- Pressure Washing : uses high-pressure water to blast away all the buildup on your tile floors. It is suitable for more durable materials such as bluestone, flagstone, cobblestone, travertine, marble, porcelain, granite, and limestone. Use a pressure wash system with 1,000 to 3,000 PSI.
- Soft Washing : is the best alternative when you’re dealing with delicate tile materials. Since high-pressure water can damage some tiles, soft washing combines low-pressure water with potent cleaning solutions.
- Power Washing : is similar to pressure washing but with hot water. Professionals use this sparingly because hot water can damage grout. However, power washing can be useful for spot cleaning, especially if you have stubborn stains. It can also be used to quickly clean a large surface area.
Benefits of Professional Tile Floors
Benefits of Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning Apart from deep and thorough cleaning, there are many advantages to having professionals perform your tile and grout cleaning. Here are the benefits you can enjoy.
- Longer Lifespan : Tile floors are subject to normal wear and tear, especially if they are in high-traffic areas. However, regular tile cleaning from professionals can preserve their appearance and quality for much longer.
- Professional-Grade Equipment : A professional maintenance company will have industry-grade tools and equipment that are suitable for cleaning tiles and grout. They also have experience in using heavy-duty machines, as well as the best cleaning techniques for your tiles and grout. You won’t have to worry about any damage to your commercial property.
- More Effective Cleaning Solutions : Professionals develop proprietary cleaning solutions that allow them to effectively clean tiles and grout. These cleaning solutions are much more effective than the ones you can buy in the store. Despite being tough on dirt, these proprietary solutions do not contain harsh chemicals that will damage the environment.
- Cost-Effective and Convenient : Owners may refrain from professional tile cleaning in order to reduce monthly expenses. However, professional tile cleaning is more cost-effective in the long run. As professionals clean your tiles and grout regularly, they can also address minor issues. The overall cost of professional cleaning is significantly lower than what you’ll have to pay for major repairs. Best of all, you can rest easy as professionals will take care of everything.
Why Choose MSI?
Maintenance Specialists Inc. is a licensed general contractor in North Carolina. We deliver high-quality tile cleaning at competitive rates. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Established Experience : MSI has over 100 years of combined experience on our maintenance staff. We have the best techniques to address whatever needs your property might have. This is the knowledge you only get from years of experience.
- Highly Skilled Technicians : Our technicians have specialized training to handle the different maintenance needs of commercial properties. You can expect our specialists to perform tile and grout cleaning on your property.
- Flexible Scheduling: MSI is on call 24/7. Whenever you need tile cleaning, we are here to help. We also have flexible scheduling to minimize disruption to your business.
- Strict Safety Standards: MSI values the safety and wellbeing of our clients. Our technicians always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent cross-contamination. We also have access to a wide range of safety equipment.
- Insured and Bonded: MSI is insured and bonded so you don’t have to worry about potential errors, mistakes, or property damage during tile and grout cleaning. You can rest easy because you’re in very capable hands.
For the best tile cleaning services in Charlotte, NC, do not hesitate to contact Maintenance Specialists Inc. Call us at (704) 405-6000 to request a free quote or to learn more about our services.