Making Your Paint Last Longer
With Proper Paint Maintenance
Importance of Commercial Paint Maintenance
Many owners are aware that exterior paint can have a huge impact on the appearance of a commercial property. Nevertheless, exterior paint maintenance is often overlooked because apart from aesthetics, there doesn’t seem to be any negative consequences associated with faded or worn out paint. On the contrary, here are five reasons why regular paint maintenance is important for commercial properties.
Increase Foot Traffic to Your Business
Customers are less likely to patronize your business if the exterior looks worn down. A faded paint job with cracking and peeling all over just won’t cut it anymore.
Thankfully, touch-up painting is one of the easiest ways to improve the appearance of your commercial property. With paint maintenance, you can ensure that your exterior always looks attractive and well-maintained. You’ll be able to create a good first impression, which will encourage more customers to come into your commercial property.
Boost Employees’ Productivity Levels
The psychological effects of color have been well-established. The color of a room can affect how we think, feel, and behave. For example, white and purple are known to spark creativity while blue and orange can boost productivity levels. If there is a decline in your employees’ productivity or moods, it might have something to do with the color on the walls. Paint maintenance allows you to switch to wall colors that are more conducive for work and collaboration.
Start a Relationship
Increases Commercial Property’s Value
Exterior paint colors can also have an impact on your commercial property’s values. Properties with darker colors — such as charcoal and smoky black — were found to have sold for much more compared to those with lighter colors such as yellow.
Even if you are not planning to sell anytime soon, it’s important to keep track of your commercial property’s values. Paint maintenance should be an ongoing thing so that when the time comes, you’ll be able to fetch a higher price for your commercial property.
Lowers Maintenance-Related Expenses
Regular paint maintenance gives you the opportunity to inspect your commercial property. Thus, you’re able to see minor issues that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Addressing these issues early on can save you a lot of money.
For instance, if there are small cracks, it won’t cost much to seal them with caulk. However, if these cracks become too big, the structural integrity of your commercial building may already be compromised. The latter will undoubtedly be very expensive.
Updates the Appearance of Your Business
Paint maintenance is also one of the cheapest ways to update the appearance of your commercial property. If you decide to rebrand your business, a commercial painting job can help reflect changes. New paint color will make your exteriors look fresh. You can also play around with different colors — such as creating a vibrant accent wall — to give your commercial property a more modern appearance.
Benefits of Professional Paint Maintenance
- Many owners will just have their current employees handle the painting of their commercial property. However, there’s more to paint maintenance than just applying a new coat of paint. In order to maximize the benefits of paint maintenance, it’s best to leave the job up to the professionals. Here’s why professional paint maintenance should be part of your preventive maintenance plan.
Experience and Expertise
- Experience is crucial for proper maintenance for commercial painting projects. Professional maintenance specialists bring so much to the table, which cannot be replicated by those without the same level of expertise. For example, with a quick visual inspection, professionals can already catch small issues that need to be addressed. Without experience and expertise, these issues could go unnoticed and cause significant damage later on.
Professional Tools and Techniques
- Professional maintenance workers have an array of tools and equipment needed for all types of painting jobs. They also know which techniques are most appropriate given the materials present on your exterior surfaces. If you were to complete the job yourself, you’ll end up spending much more on paint, tools, and other equipment.
Makes Your Paint Job Last Longer
- There’s more to paint maintenance than just choosing a color. Professionals can make your paint job last longer because they also consider other factors when choosing paint. They know which brands are suited for the climate and temperature in your area.
- For example, if a commercial property is in a humid area, there are paints that can swell and contract more easily. Thus, you’ll end up having to repaint again in no time. Professionals also consider weather conditions; for instance, the frequency of heavy winds, rain, and hailstorms in your area.
Stringent Safety Standards
- If you choose to have employees handle paint maintenance, you will be held liable if there are any injuries or accidents that take place. If the employees make a mistake, you may also have to deal with property damage. Avoid all these hassles by hiring professionals. They are insured and always follow strict safety protocols. They will always wear the appropriate safety gear, as well as additional protective equipment such as hard hats and harnesses when using ladders or lifts.
Paint Maintenance Is an Investment with High Returns
It may not seem like it but paint maintenance can make your commercial property much more valuable. Having a vibrant, well-painted exterior will attract more customers to your business, encourage employees to be more productive, and maintain or increase property values. Given all these benefits, regular paint maintenance is a cost-effective investment that will lead to higher returns in the long run.
If you need professional paint maintenance services in Charlotte, NC, feel free to contact Maintenance Specialists Inc. We look forward to hearing from you!